Wednesday 30 January 2013

#TreatTuesday

Ok, so I know it's Wednesday, but I didn't have time to blog last night! (I'm not living a day behind the rest of the UK). #TreatTuesday is a post I did last week where I expressed my thoughts on Tuesdays and encouraged you all to treat yourselves each Tuesday to help make the day a little better and so I didn't feel so guilty! (you can read last week's post here). Guilty or not, I have decided to make #TreatTuesday a regular feature of my week and therefore my blog (naughty). I don't intend to buy Chanel handbags and expensive make up each week, as I save those sorts of things for the weekend (I wish!), but just some little pick me ups...

This week's #TreatTuesday came in the form of a cinema trip as opposed to physical products like last week. Me and Alex (Boyfriend) went to Empire Cinema in Rubery (Birmingham) to see Django, Quentin Tarantino's new flick. I don't know if this is the same at every single Empire Cinema, but it's only £2.95 each on Tuesdays which is amazing because it costs a small fortune the rest of the week. Me and Alex also buy the 'Sweet & Salted' popcorn from Morrisons with drinks, which I deffo recommend (I could go to the cinema every week, so I have to find the cheapest way to enjoy it! Tip: always take a huge handbag).

Onto the film itself now. It was amazing, one of the best films I have seen in ages without a doubt. It's classic Tarantino, so if you like his stuff (pulp fiction, inglorious bastards etc) then you will not be disappointed in any way by this film. All of the characters are well thought out and there is the right mix of comedy and distress that makes it such a great film. Personally, I like to do the Leonardo Dicaprio test with films aka if Leo is in it, then you know it's good. If you are planning a trip to the flicks, go and see this film.



(all images from weheartit)

Let me know if you have seen it and what you thought! Also, any other film recommendations are welcome - as I am a proud film geek.

16 comments:

  1. i have been inspired!! i am going to do treat tuesday every week from now on!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss! Please do, soon it will be like a club I'm sure of it ;) x

      Delete
  2. This film was amazing. I didn't think Inglourious Basterds could be beat but it has been. Christoph Waltz was brilliant as always, and Leo of course. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't agree more! My exact thoughts x

      Delete
  3. I have just got back from seeing it today, absolutely loved it! I thought Christoph Waltz was amazing again. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is such a brilliant actor, totally agree :) x

      Delete
  4. I really wanna go see Django, sounds like it's a great movie!
    But I still gotta go see Life of Pi as well, haha ;)
    Btw, your blog is so pretty! :)

    xo
    nathalista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I wanted to see that too, the visual effects look insane. Also, I want to see Impossible (when I have tissues in stock & waterproof mascara!). Thank you :) x

      Delete
  5. I'm going to see it tomorrow and I can't wait! Read so many good reviews on it :) and I love all Tarantino films so I doubt this will dissapoint! Love your blog btw, following. xx

    Abby | Beauty and a Blogger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you thought!! Also, thanks for the follow, I'm following back because i full on love your blog and your hair is too cool. Excited to keep up to date with you x

      Delete
  6. Love that movie !
    Following you on twitter :)

    Http://Fashioneiric.Blogspot.Com

    Coline !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Treat Tuesday is such a good idea! Definitely treating myself now I have a reason!
    I really want to see Django, I've heard so much about it, Glad you enjoyed it
    Love your blog, following :) xx
    somlclr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do & then tell me haha we can start a thing/club (why not?!) Following u back...two words waffle earrings :) x

      Delete
  8. haha, i do the leonardo dicaprio test tooo! Every film hes in is so good!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw this film and I like it very, very much!
    I don't know why but in my city the cinema was so empty... my fellow-townsmen don't understand this art!
    Congrats on your 100 followers!!!
    Have a nice weekend
    xoxo
    V

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...