Sunday 12 May 2013

NOTD: Models Own Scented Banana Split & Sunset Chillout + Seche Vite Review




Longest blog post title ever. This is a pretty short post though, don't worry...

I am always buying new nail varnishes and the Models Own Scented Banana Split & Sunset Chillout from the HeadKandi collection are my most recent purchases. I don't know about you guys, but I am LOVING Models Own varnishes so much right now. They are my go to polish of recent because the colours are amazing and I think the quality matches up too.

They recently bought out a collection of scented (oh yes, old school scratch and sniff!) pastel varnishes and the yellow really caught my eye. I don't own any yellow polishes and I thought this colour was just perfect for Spring/Summer. The colour comes out really well, but you will need two coats so make sure you go for a thin one on your first application. Also, the scent is just on the lid of the varnish, not the varnish itself (sad times), so don't start sniffing the polish. I'm not saying I did that or anything...

The Models Own HeadKandi Sunset Chillout varnish is not too dissimilar from Freak Out which I featured in a previous NOTD post. I think they are really versatile varnishes, but if you have one of the mirror ball varnishes I wouldn't buy this unless you want a different colour because they are basically the same - doh! I also started painting my nails and forgot to leave my ring finger unpolished as I was going to do one heavily glittered nail, not what I actually did. I tried to do a slightly more ombre effect than my previous post, but I'm not very good or patient, looks alright though!


Finally, I thought I would briefly mention that I purchased the Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat off Amazon earlier on this month after hearing a lot of good reviews. This is the first time I have used it and I have to say it dried my nails super quick and it also went on very smoothly and didn't ruin my nail varnish. Sometimes I find top coats can get stuck to all the previous layers, especially if you have two coats and a glitter like this nail look. Overall, I'm pretty impressed and I don't think it smells too bad either (one of the negatives I had heard!).

Hope you like the look, it's super easy and yeah I am like a poster gal for Models Own now! Drop the links to your notd's because you can see I need inspo to get away from my go to glitter look.

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous nails. I love how you haven't done the whole nail in glitter x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow these go so well together, I'd never think to put them together! xx

    Gemma | ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute nail art, love the yellow shade, so so pretty!

    beautyandtheb1.co.uk

    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this look of layering a basic nail polish with a glitter on top!
    Love it
    Kirsty
    xoxo

    http://misskirstyworsty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome nail art! Would never think to buy that shade. Looks lovely with the glitter.

    Amy xxx

    www.amodernminute.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty combination, one I would have never thought of :)
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...