Thursday 13 December 2012

John Frieda Sheer Blonde & Frizz-Ease Collection


Golden packaging for golden girls!


Focus on the bottle not my creepy looking hand and chipped nail varnish...


So I was very kindly sent some John Frieda products which was really exciting because I didn't think anyone would ever send me anything for this blog! (I'm still surprised people are finding it and reading it - shaaa-maaazing!). I got some John Frieda Sheer Blonde shampoo and conditioner and then a bottle of John Frieda Frizz-Ease Hair serum, which I have been using all week so I could get a really good idea of the products.

Starting with the shampoo and conditioner, I thought they both had a great scent which is important because people do notice if your hair smells good and it can be distracting if you have a weird smelling hair product as you keep thinking 'urgh what is that?!'

The shampoo is quite thick in consistency (like a creamy texture), which can put me off some shampoos as I find they can coat your hair too much with the conditioner as well. However, I was pleasantly surprised by this shampoo as my hair felt really clean, fresh and all the product felt washed out fully. I also have crazy knotty hair due to the bleached highlights, so a good conditioner is really essential for me. I usually spray a leave in conditioner on my hair before I brush it through because it's impossible to brush otherwise. But, as I was testing this conditioner out I decided to see how brushable (real word?) my hair would be and I have to say it was pretty manageable! (I have genuinely had hairbrushes stuck in the knots before...).

One of the last points is that the shampoo and conditioner say they are 'highlight activating' which I don't really believe to be honest. I don't think there are any hair products that really brighten your highlights or give you a just-visited-the-salon look. Having said that though, my mum did say "Em, your hair looks very blonde and voluminous today" after I had used them, so maybe I am wrong and my hair is glowingly golden!

I've been using the hair serum on my hair when it's still wet and then blow drying it and it is officially my new favourite hair product! It smells so good, has added heat protection (amazing), de-frizzes and smooths, adds some moisture (blonde hair can be a bit straw like) and somehow adds a bit of extra volume, oomph and boost. If you have frizzy or flat hair and always forget to put heat protector on (naughty) then you deffo need this in your life! You only need a tiny squeeze of the serum, so it will last for ages which is great and at £4ish a bottle I think it's worth adding to your hair regime.

Overall, I would purchase these products and the hair serum was definitely the highlight for me. Have you used any of the John Frieda collection? What did you think?


Please note: Despite being gifted these items, I always intend to give 100% honest reviews on my blog because otherwise it's kind of pointless! I can't promise I will like everything I get so if you want to send me stuff its at your own peril! :)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...