Saturday 6 April 2013

March beauty favorites


As my brother just put it "It's like we've just gone straight from Winter to Summer and skipped spring" HELLO SUNSHINE! As the sun made an appearance, I took the opportunity to use my new camera (still practicing) and catch some rays - let's jump into it...

There have been quite a few beauty favorites I have been loving in March, so I will keep them as short and sweet as possible:

Lady Million Perfume by Paco Rabanne
It just smells so good. It's like the right mix of girly and edgy and it lasts really well. I mentioned before that two of my friends from uni Jess & Fran used to wear this all the time, so it reminds me of them and good times at University which makes me instantly happy. Does anyone else have fragrances that you go back to because of their nostalgic qualities? or just me creepily smelling my friends...

Max Factor Smooth Effect Foundation - Buff Beige
Always in my make up bag as its great for when I don't have much of a tan and need something a little more subtle. It has quite a matte finish I think, so it's good if you have oily or combo skin types. Only downside, its pretty small so I get through it quite quickly as it's not a very heavy coverage. It's only £7 ish though and if you shop in Boots every week like me you get money off and vouchers all the time anyways.

Benefit Erase Paste - No 1 Fair
I've only had six hours sleep can you tell? oh no you can't my friend. Still loving this, click here for more deets as I have over talked it already!

Topshop Ooh La La LipstickI mentioned this here and here as it's a recent purchase. It's so summery and just the right shade of coral that isn't too in your face - perfect for daytime and nights out!


MeMeMe Fat Cat Mascara
I got this mascara in a Glossybox a while ago, but only just needed to use it and I have to say I was really impressed. I was coming to the end of my mascara and thought it would be good to take a new one with me to Berlin. I was worried that I would regret taking a mascara I haven't used before in case I was disappointed, but I have to say this mascara made my lashes look super long and it didn't need a thousand coats to do so. It also managed to withstand the snow in Berlin sticking to my lashes without running a single bit - thumbs up.

The Body Shop Almond Hand & Nail Cream
Purchased a while back now and still going strong. Really love this cream as it dries really quick and hydrates my skin so well. I have hands like a lizard from being in Berlin at the moment so this is getting even more use than normal.

Real Techniques Stippling brush
Made it into the March favs as well as February's. No need to explain this to my fellow bloggers, but it's a great brush. Sturdy, no loose hairs, compact and leaves your foundation flawless - totes recommend.

The Body Shop Eye Shadow Blending Brush
A #TreatTuesday treat, this brush blends your eye shadow incredibly well. The bristles are super soft and it's a really good size. I use this all the time, especially when my smoky eye has gone a bit smoky face and I need to blend it all together.


Lee Stafford Hair Treatment
If you read my blog already or follow me on Twitter then you will know that I long for long locks. I bought this on one of my many #TreatTuesday 's and have been using it as much as possible to keep my blonde hair looking as fresh as possible. I definitely think it's helped with the ends of my hair especially and it also smells really good. I don't think I will be tripping over my hair anytime soon, but I am glad I chose to try this out.

Schwarzkopf Gliss Hair Repair
More of a life long fav this one as I have used it for a long time now. I really rate this stuff because my hair is so knotty and has the ability to break hairbrushes if it's in a real tangle. My Grandma actually told me about this a while back and I have to say my hairbrush glides through every time I use it AND it's only £1.99 from Superdrug or Savers.

Phew! Those are my March Favorites, leave me links for yours as I will need to explore some new stuff this month of course :)

 My cat was pretty interested in what I was doing...
 
Until she realised you couldn't eat it. Catching some rays was a better plan!

14 comments:

  1. I love Lady Million! It's on of those distinctive scents. x

    January Girl ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cat, she's so cute!
    Great favourites, and I especially love the Oh La La topshop lipstick!
    <3 nathalista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah you have to try the almond hand butter from the range.. it's like heaven in a tub haha xx ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try that fat cat mascara, love the name and packaging and you've really liked it so I might have to give it a go!xx

    www.myflingwithfashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post and pictures! Cool blog by the way, you have a new stalker! ;)

    SSSx

    www.stylestreetstalker.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! Only in the world of blogging do you get excited when someone says they are your latest stalker :) xo

      Delete
  6. As your cat is so cute!everyone seems to be loving the lee Stafford treatment at the moment :) I feel like I need to purchase it!
    & I love the stippling brush too!couldnt believe how much better my foundation looked when I used it xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love erase paste, life saver when I have a hangover ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this post Emmy!
    Defs will have to try that Hair Repair Treatment, blonde locks do need extra attention. But most of all I need to get my hands on some of that Erase Paste!!
    I have Lady Million, I think it's been my number 1 perfume for about 3 or 4 years now, it really is a great combo of scents.
    I do have a few nostalgic perfumes however eg. Mademoiselle by Chanel and Ralph by Ralph Lauren bring back memories from the good ol' days

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Literally just bought the RT stippling brush- I can't wait to start using it after hearing all the good reviews! xx

    A new avid follower :-)

    http://brightanddandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this post! I'm desperate to try erase paste!
    Would love you to check my blog barbieandpie.blogspot,com

    New follow, new favourite blog! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the colour of that lipstick! And your cat is too cute xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post! Just cam across your blog and I love it!
    Would be amazing if you could visit mine too. We could also follow each other if you would like to :)

    www.malefashionuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...