Sunday 21 April 2013

It's not OK...

Image from weheartit

I did an It's OK post a little while back that got a good response, so thought it was mighty time to do an 'It's not OK' post to moan about things that are just not OK. Let me know what you think as I may do these as a monthly feature, I know, you can't contain yourself! Let's get to it...

It's not OK...
To be in a public toilet and think "Please let that bit of liquid that's touched my bum cheek be water and not someone else's wee" who are these seat wee'ers? Stop it, stop it right now.
To refer to a breakfast as a buffet when it doesn't include croissants. Seriously, it aint no buffet without some baked goods.
To listen to someone tell you their name and then call them something different when you've just met them "Hi, I'm Katie" "Ah, nice to meet you Kate!" (I did this at uni a lot when I met people haha).
To say LOL instead of actually laugh. We've all done it, but yeah pretty sure it's not OK.
To indirectly tweet or write status's about people and then not spill the beans. Grow some balls and stop asking people to inbox you!
To abbreviate words, but actually make them longer than they were originally. I said 'what's on teev tonight?' the other day, just no.
To wear band t-shirts and not know who the band is. I don't think this is a major no no, but at least google a song or two so when questioned by someone (usually a group of lads) you don't look like a complete moron.
To wear sunglasses in doors and/or when it's raining. If your from England like myself then I know we all live in a state of despair where we long to wear sunglasses for more than one weekend in June, but you look ridiculous holding an umbrella, at night, wearing shades.
To get your phone out in the cinema. This is just a general moan of mine that I thought I would share. If you are one of these film txt-ers then I'm sorry, but we can't be friends.
To tell your friend she looks good in something when she looks terrible. This also works when they ask you if they should keep something they once made the mistake of buying. As a friend it is your duty to tell them that the striped sock like scarf they had from their emo days is never coming back into fashion.

I'll leave you with a quote from a random stranger on Saturday "The only problem with the sun coming out is a Mr.Whippy ice cream just can't handle the heat. The minute you've been given it, its melted all over your hands, its upsetting really" (we even moan in the sun here!).

Image from weheartit

5 comments:

  1. We've all done so many of these but I completely agree with you!
    Especially the "LOL" one, I have a habit of saying something a little harsh and breaking the awkwardness with typing LOL!

    Kelly || My Blog: Day Dreams & Daisy Chains || <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these. The abbreviated words one made me laugh, absolutely hate it, like "totes" and "amazeballs". No, just no!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hhaa this made me laugh! I'm definitely guilty of a few of these, especially saying 'lol' - I also say tbh on occasion (I'm not proud) X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this post hun, it made me smile and laugh aloud re the first one - I bloody hate the wee-ers on toilet seats, I mean why would a woman do that!!??

    Elizabeth x

    www.candyflosscurlscupcakesandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this post! It's nice to know I'm not the only one that thinks they're not ok.

    Gabriella

    www.bellequattro.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...