Monday 8 April 2013

It's OK...


Did Jesus really say this or is it a song? (shaky fact alert) image source here

Thought I'd mix it up a little and keep you on your toes with a new style post. Not actually that creative because these types of things are everywhere, but they always make me smile.

It's OK...
To be a 'beauty blogger', yet on many occasions only paint the toenails on the toes that can be seen through your high heels
To consider reading a few chapters of a book as having read the whole book "Oh yeah I read the first Harry Potter"
To wear underwear that doesn't match because nobody really has their life that much together
To believe that eating a salad at lunchtime makes eating an entire Easter egg when you get in from work completely acceptable
To use face wipes all the time because you know what life is too sort for the use of mini cotton wall pads all over your face
To have no idea what most the #trends on Twitter actually mean and then have to Google them
To get a new camera, leave it on the 'smart-does-everything-for-you' setting and then add 'photographer' to the wide range of skills you have on your CV (like Joey from Friends)
To still show your mum what recent purchases you made and keep convincing her that £80 for THAT much stuff is a bargain
To start waving goodbye so you don't have to hug someone, thus creating a 'wave wall'
To introduce a 'shaky fact' into a conversation and then when people question you, insist that you read it somewhere in a book because that means its obviously true...

There you go, some things that I think are OK. Add yours onto the comments and leave your blog links, so I can make sure I'm not on my own with these (awkward).

21 comments:

  1. This is great, reminds me of the page in Glamour magazine!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great post, I really enjoyed reading this x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SUCH a good post.. I laughed at 4 of them haha! My favourite is the telling your mum it only cost £80 haha, I do that soooooo much! It was on saleeeeeeeeee lol <3 xxx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why I still do it! I think its the look her eyes give me still haha x

      Delete
  4. Haha this made me laugh for sure! All so true ;-) Camera comment totally applies to me aswell! Going to follow you on bloglovin, care to take a look at my little blog too?

    X from Holland! Savannah
    http://sstandsforstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it would be ok, but other people now assume I know what I'm doing with this professional camera! Followed your blog btw, love your outfits x

      Delete
  5. This post made me laugh out loud....you're totally right. Course its okay do all the mentioned...and Jesus didn't say that but oh well he could have

    http://thelittlebigobsession.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yep pretty sure he didn't say that! Cracked me up when I saw someone had quoted Jesus saying it though. Just started following your blog as I would wear pretty much all the outfits you pick. It said on Bloglovin though that it's having trouble loading your posts? Not sure if it's my computer or Bloglovin, so you may want to check! xo

      Delete
  6. "Wave wall" ahahahahahahaha!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you would appreciate that for some reason haha! x

      Delete
  7. hahaha wave wall, i know exactly what you mean. Hilarious post. Loved it.
    Mine is... it's OK to buy expensive shoes... because good shoes are expensive. I actually told myself and my bf this when I dragged him kicking and screaming to the shops... he bought the shoes too... xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. It might not be an official thing, but we've all done it whilst thinking 'please don't hug me, please don't hug me' right? Or just me haha x

      Delete
  9. Love this post :)
    new follower
    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! just followed you, I want all of your holiday wish list and your holiday too actually :) x

      Delete
  10. I do the wave wall all the time. Ha.

    One of my housemates wears matching underwear EVERY DAY. I do not understand this. It is also weird because her bedroom is always a mess. I think it is the only consistent thing in her life.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great blog you have here :))
    If you are interested in Fashion, healthy recipes, traveling and inspiring photos
    come visit my new-opned blog http://themichellec.blogspot.com

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  12. really enjoyed this post! think i've perhaps read it about 3 times but its brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, that's super sweet of you! They are always the ones I like to read in the mags to be honest :) x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...